This year I have achieved the following:
- I have started, written, editted, finished, and submitted for consideration, five short stories and one comic script. (The short stories have been bouncing around various markets all year, too! And some extremely rewarding positive noises/near misses, but no sales.)
- I have started, written, editted, finished, and submitted for publication, one novella. (Dangerous Jade, go pre-order it now!)
- I was completely wowed by the experience of getting art done for Dangerous Jade by Meesh.
- I have provided feedback and editorial advice on three novels (not my own).
- I have made considerable progress on writing various comic scripts, and one of the most developed scripts from last year has seen some very early and preliminary work with AmonOmega.
- My webcomic Askazi Myths has seen a multitude of updates, courtesy Tanzenlicht!
- My work saw print in the Fortune Teller’s Poem (Tuesday’s Child) and Heat Magazine #8 (Jill’s 49th).
- I started my novel project, ‘The Brocade Goat’ or ‘The Pirate’s Beard’.
- I have written 200 284 words in total of new prose.
That last one’s the important one. That last one’s breaking records. In 2009 I wrote 156 806 words, and in 2010 I wrote 165 038 words. This is a big jump, and it’s an important psychological line I’ve crossed.
I feel good about this, incredibly good about this. And I’m looking forward to 2012.
I don’t have long to wait, either.